10 Things You Didn’t Know About Amato
This is going to be very tough to write. For the most part, I am an open book and being particularly close to my friends and family on the Convo team, I’m not sure what I can say that you might not already know. So here goes – my best attempt to share some of the lesser known facts about everyone’s favorite Allison. (Just kidding, Kleiners!)
1. I have loose joints and have dislocated my right knee 3 times and my right shoulder more times than I could possibly count. (Thank you, Cheerleading.)
It got to the point where after suffering a major tear, I needed to have shoulder surgery. (Spent a month of that summer sitting on the couch, marathon-ing Lost, and needing other people to wait on me hand and foot.)
2. Currently, I am one of the world’s oldest card-carrying teenyboppers and foremost boy band experts. In my earlier years, I was a major teenybopper groupie (read “stalker”). We would road trip all across the tri-state area, we would stand on line at record stores for hours waiting for autographs, we would hold up signs outside of TRL, and we would wait outside of hotels hoping for a sighting. (Not creepy or excessive at all.)
3. Also, when I was younger, my sister and her friends used to dress me up like the youngest of the Hanson brothers…and sad to say I was a great doppelganger. (Sorry, actually don’t have any pictures of that.)
4. Despite the aforementioned fact, my sister is my favorite concert buddy, my partner in crime, and my best friend.
5. One of my favorite past times is trampolining.
6. I have a BA in something called “Individualized Study.” (Go figure!)
7. In high school I was a math-lete and went to a national Mu Alpha Theta convention in Hawaii.
8. Along with a few friends from my college cheerleading team, I was a featured dancer in a music video:
9. That music video appearance was not technically my first.
10. I am a secret snacker. (Marisa and I went to Dunkin Donuts three times on Monday. Two of those three times, I ordered the same thing. Both sad and true – but as Ke$ha so eloquently put: We r who we r.)
And if you don’t know, now you know 🙂