I am a very big fan of movies. I remember a time when I had a running list of movies I needed to watch back when I was in school and really had very little responsibility. I don’t get around to seeing as many movies anymore since life often gets in the way and there are a ton of other things going on. However, despite this reality, there are a few movies I always make time for. No matter what point in the movie I come in at, I am going to feel compelled to watch it. As a result of this, they are also movies that I quote almost regularly, which is probably really, really, really annoying to everyone else.
- Step Brothers: I have honestly seen this movie 40 times, which might not even be giving it justice. I am absolutely in love with this movie and have gotten to the point where I might just be able to quote the whole thing. No matter how many times I watch it, I somehow find something new that I missed the hundreds of other times I saw it.
- Anchorman: This movie is a classic. Will Ferrell is incredibly funny and everything he produces is worth watching, even if it looks dumb. Anchorman is another really quotable movie and makes you want to watch it each and every time it comes on. There was a time when my friends and I would say “it is so hot, milk was a bad choice” during completely unrelated conversations.
- Wet Hot American Summer: I first learned about this movie through my camp friends (cliché I know). We decided to watch it all together, and as someone who went to sleepaway camp, it is fricken hilarious. It is pretty over the top with exaggerations of what sleepaway camp is like, but still some of it is very true. I think the subtle humor is the best part about it.
- Dogma: Alright so this seems really off-base from my other choices so far, but I really get excited when this movie is on. Kevin Smith makes some pretty awesome films and this one is just so random that I feel compelled to watch it over and over again.
- Forrest Gump: Probably no judgment on this one because Forrest Gump is a crowd favorite. This movie gets played pretty often on TV so it’s never more than a few months in between viewings. I will always stop whatever I am doing and change the channel to watch this if it’s on.