There are few roles that my agent actually passes along to me. It’s too difficult for me to sit around reading script after script like Vincent Chase. That’s not me. I’m too busy here in the office or at home with the wife and kid. Plus, there are only a select few types of characters that I’m willing to play these days because I’m looking to expand my repertoire. I’m tired of being stuck in the same roles. It’s been a rut that I’ve worked hard to avoid.
Can you imagine if I had debased myself and actually taken some of these roles?
· John McClane (Die Hard)
· Logan/Wolverine (X-Men)
· Frodo Baggins (LOTR)
· James Conway (Goodfellas)
· Sport (Taxi Driver)
· Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode I)
· Darth Vadar’s voice (Star Wars Episode IV)
· Mufasa’s voice (The Lion King)
· King Jaffe Joffer (Coming to America)
· Admiral Greer (The Hunt for Red October)*
· Alice (The Brady Bunch)
· Norman Dale (Hoosiers)
· Inigo Montoya (The Princess Bride)
*Come to think of it, I did a lot for Jimmy’s career.